We at Ketto give utmost importance to safety. We always strive to make the fundraising process seamless, positive and most importantly secure. We never let authenticity and transparency take a back seat.
Will I get the money I raised from my campaign?
Will my donation actually reach the cause?
Will my money get lost in the cyberspace?
It's your hard-earned money, of course, you have questions. Don't you worry; we're here to answer them!
What you should know about us:
The NGOs/charity partners that team up with us go through a verification process that requires them to submit valid documents. Each NGO is verified before their account is activated on Ketto.
Similarly, for personal causes or individuals who are raising funds for personal needs, our team does a KYC of the individual before starting the campaign and try too approve only the genuine ones.
Ketto does not encourage donation pages that attempt to avoid the prescribed donation method i.e., posting direct links to alternative payment methods. We direct people to the large ‘Contribute Now' button found on each Ketto donation page.
Please report any pages that request direct payments or users who attempt to contact you to arrange an alternative method of payment.
Do not reveal your personal information like contact number, address details to anyone who requests for it using the ‘Message' feature on your Ketto page. We never contact users through this method. You can share your email address if need be. Additionally, exercise caution if you receive offers from 3rd-party fundraising companies or individuals offering personal assistance.
NEVER arrange to personally meet anyone who contacts you through your Ketto page.
Report any suspicious activity directly to us.
Why a fundraiser need not worry:
- How do I trust the payment process? We've partnered up with credible payment gateways like PayU, Stripe, Billdesk. The chances of getting funds are higher because we not only accept all online modes of payment i.e. net banking, debit card, credit card and UPI etc
- But is it safe? Your Ketto campaign features the very best in secure payment encryption technology. Not only are your donors' online payments safe, your money is stored securely until you're ready to request a withdrawal via electronic bank transfer. We're SSL certified, so all sensitive information with regards to your credit card/debit card/net banking details stay safe with us.
- What about the amount I owe Ketto? It's FREE to raise funds on Ketto. Find out more about it here.
- How will my donors know my intention? We're an open platform! We encourage transparency in every way. You can put regular updates on your campaign page so you've updated your backers and won the trust of potential funders too.
What is 'Ketto Assured'?
- What is 'Ketto Assured'? It's a badge of assurance that confirms the authenticity and credibility of campaigns running on the platform. Ketto is committed to raising funds only for genuine and verified campaigns. All raised funds are transferred to the beneficiary (beneficiary which is listed on the campaign page) within the promised time, after the deduction of Ketto’s fees and other charges.
- How is a beneficiary verified by Ketto? All campaigners at Ketto.org are required to enter an agreement to raise funds for the listed beneficiary only (beneficiary which is listed on campaign page). Before starting a campaign, all campaigners undergo a rigorous verification process, based on the submitted legal identity proofs and other supporting documents.
- How is my donations protected? Donations made on Ketto are protected and the process of refund is made convenient for donors. Donors can easily request for a refund on making a donation to a campaign by visiting Ketto and navigating to their donation dashboard through the hamburger menu present at top right corner. Donor can ask for updates on the campaign by clicking "Ask for update button/link" present on the campaign page they donated to. Additionally, we also encourage our campaigners to post timely updates on the progress of their campaign.
- Is my identity information secured when i donate to Ketto? We at Ketto give utmost importance to safety. Ketto understands that you care about how your information is used and shared. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards with respect to the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable donor and campaigner information.
- How is my payment/donation secured? All Payments are secured via 128 bit encryption. Ketto assures you that the information you provide is completely protected and that your donations are safe. Our secure-server software encrypts all your personal information like name, number, email and address. The encryption process takes the characters you enter and converts them into bits of code that are then securely transmitted over the internet to the payment gateways.
Why a donor need not worry:
- How do I know the campaigner is authentic? No matter how much we monitor and control, there’s no way to be 100% sure that a Ketto campaign page contains accurate or truthful information. Donors should make a payment only if they personally know and trust the campaigner and his/her cause. Ideally, donors should not contribute to any campaigns unless they fully understand and trust the cause presented.
- Umm, I have questions about the campaign. Who do I ask? We believe in complete transparency. If you have absolutely any concerns about the campaign, you can shoot questions, give suggestions, and directly get in touch with the campaign owner via email or comments. If you have any doubts on the authenticity of the campaign we recommend that you don’t contribute to such a campaign
- What if you send my information to random parties? All the information you submit while making a donation is for safety and security purposes. We prevent unauthorized access. So don’t worry about your information being circulated.
- What if my donation never makes it its true beneficiary? With Ketto, the money you donate goes to the bank account associated with the fundraiser's campaign once the campaigner request to withdraw the funds. There’s no meddling. We assure you!
- Why do you not provide the beneficiary direct contact no? You can get in touch with the an individual directly using the contact us button, the beneficiary if interested can also list their no on the campaign page if they wish too, due to privacy concerns and privacy law we cannot directly share phone nos of any user on the Ketto platform. Also one of the major reasons why users dont directly share their contact nos is a high no of spam calls and messages they get when their campaign is running.
- I have more questions! If you have any concerns apart from these, we’re just an email away. Write to firstname.lastname@example.org